By Midwest Restoration Team, Dec 9 2015 07:07PM
Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach), for many years was recommended by many emergency responders and government agencies and even the media to kill germs and bacteria. Sadly, people are still misinformed thus causing much future anguish to so many.
First: Bleach does kill germs when properly applied to surfaces. However, as the product dries it leaves a salt residue. As most people know, salt naturally attracts water and humidity making it an excellent breeding ground for future bacteria and mold.
A better choice would be to use a professional anti-microbial disinfectant.
If you have already used bleach it may be a good idea to re-wash and flush all bleach residues from stud framing, walls and floors. Then, disinfect the surfaces with a professional anti-microbial disinfectant. Then re-dry all surfaces.